Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Welcome Back

Well it feels good to be back. After a long break I'm back.. Over the last few months there has been a lot of great things happening in Hip Hop Culture.. From this sneaker thing getting more and more crazy, Love and Hip Hop blowing up and taking every ones home by storm. Not to mention a ton a new music.. Trust me your ears should be happy with all the new music that continues to come out..

Over the next few days I'm going to try to review some of the some of the new albums that have come out over the last few weeks. With all this new music there is no way to review it objectively with out being swayed by all the new things out..In doing that I'm going to take my time and review all this new hotness. First up of course is that NEW J. Cole. Over the last 4 weeks have you noticed that Jay-Z has had his hand in all 4 #1 albums over that time.. First we have Yeezus, then we have J. Cole Born Sinner, Wale the Gifted, then his own project Magna Carta Holy Grail. This year alone Jay-z has started a sports marketing agency, Sold a million copies of his album before it was even released, Yes, Clearly if you mus have been hiding under a roc if you didn't  know that Jay-z sold 1 million copies of album to Samsung to be given away by them. That means even before Magna Carta Holy Grail was released it was platinum. That's what you call a business man . Taking some lyrics right from Jay-Z, " I'm not a businessman I'm a business man, let me handle my business damn...." DAMN is right. Any hustler has to respect that..  
This also marks the first time in history that 4 hiphop/rap albums have held down the #4 spot in consecutive weeks.   Can we say Illuminati.. Just joking ..Lets just give a round of applause for all the good music.

I know I named a few but trust me, I know there is a lot of music that you guys are sleeping on.. There is more to the word of hiphop besides the stuff you hear on repeat on you local station. If your looking for some music besides the stuff you hear all the time.. Try listening to that new Prodigy and Alchemist or even the new Mac Miller.  I have taken my initial listens of each album, and a review of both will be coming soon..

Ohhhhh before I forget Wale and J. Cole just dropped a new track that is not on ether of there cd's. The name of this track is called Winter Schemes.. Let me know what you think..



Don't Forget to follow me on twitter. @datguykai  and Instagram @1datguykai..
And if there is any music you want me to check out let me, drop me a line and Ill take a listen.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment